I've said it before, we are a one income family and I try my very best to save money when it comes to grocery shopping. I kind of take it on as a challenge to see how much I can save each trip to the store. The good news is there are so many ways to save money these days besides cutting coupons.
Today I'm going to show you how I use my iPhone to save money! This is my "couponing" folder on my phone:
1. Coupon blogs in your area: So I have mentioned this before here, look up a couple coupon blogs from your area. They will do a lot of the dirty work for you and share a bunch of great deals. They will even tell you where to find the coupons, how many to use, when the deals start/expire and it just makes things so easy!
2. Ibotta: This phone app is easy to use and it sends money straight to your PayPal account! No joke! I check this app after every shopping trip. You basically look up the store you have shopped at, see if they have any rebates, unlock the rebate, provide proof by scanning the item and receipt, and wait to see if they approve it. Once you have earned at least $10, you can have it transferred to your PayPal account!
3. Target Cartwheel: I know so many of you shop at Target and this is a great and simple way to save money while you shop! Before I go to Target I check the app to see if there are any offers for me to save on. When in the store, you can also use the app to scan barcodes to see if it is on sale. This year I have saved $86.79 using the Target Cartwheel app so far! At the end of your shopping trip just let the Target team member scan your Cartwheel app barcode to have all the savings automatically taken off.
4. Grocery Store App: In your phone's app store, search for your local grocery stores and see if they have an app. A lot of times they will and on it you can find coupons that you can add to your club card and look at their weekly deals.
5. Coupons.com: My favorite coupon site to print coupons. I try to search it every time before I go to the store. You can print up to 2 coupons of the same item per device so I have this app on my phone, iPad and computer! Just remember to look up your store's coupon policy to see how many coupons of one item you can use in one shopping trip.
Remember these aren't going to save you hundreds of dollars in one shopping trip but the savings will add up over time! I have saved more that $800 using coupons and apps this year!
I know there are a few more coupon apps but this is what I use everyday. What are some of your favorites?