Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Monogram Ornament tutorial

This monogram ornament is super easy to make.  It would be a great gift for a neighbor, family member or friend. I did the first letter of our last name but you could always do everyone's first initial in your family.


Supplies:
- a wood letter (got mine from Michaels)
-glitter in any color you choose
-white paint
-paint brush
-craft glue or mod podge
-twine or ribbon
-scissors
-scrap piece of felt
-glue gun

Step #1: Paint your letter white.  Let it dry for a couple hours or overnight.

Step #2: Paint on the glue. There is no pretty way to do this, pour on the glitter!

Step #3:  I let it dry for an hour. Then I turned it over, cut out two small circles from my felt, cut a piece of twine and glued it on the back.  I sandwiched the twine between the letter and the felt.  Just thought it would be more secure. (I hate when price stickers don't come off)

Done!  I recommend hanging it higher on your tree.  Kids tend to flock to shiny things.  I like this so much that I might find somewhere in my house to hand it after Christmas.




Don't forget to come back on December 27th for our Funny Pics from 2010 Linky Party!  More info here.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment via your phone, it won't show up because I use Disqus.
I promise I didn't delete it! Thanks. :)